I cannot say that I cannot believe that I haven't post anything in the last 16 months because I know I haven't! What I can say is that I can't believe how quickly time passed. So let's see what happened to me in the last 16 months...
- Good news first... I lost 20 lbs in a year (guh, the last 5 lbs are the hardest!) and able to keep the pounds off for almost 3 months now. I am able to get back into my old clothes (even my favourite high school ones that I still keep! :D) and get back in shape. What I did I do to lose weight? The long-no-nonsense way. It's true that there's no shortcut in losing weight and *keeping* it that way. I change into a healthier lifestyle, exercise and diet. It's simple, really...once you get the hang of it. Now, I can look at a plate of dishes and pretty much guessed how many calories in there. It sort of becomes your habit when you've been doing it everyday.
- I'm working to overcome my fear of running. When I was in high school, I was such a bookworm that I hate any form of physical activity. My seniors made me run a 1.5K race during sports day once, and I feigned fainting in the first 500 mtrs. Haha… I don’t know why I hate running so much--probably because of the puffing and panting and the fear of dropping dead because of that, lol. Anyway, my physical fitness had improved a lot since I started exercising, so I thought it would be a major boost to my confidence level if I participated in a 5K race just to proof that I can. So now, I’m working towards that and in less than two months time, I will have my first race. :) At least then, when anybody tries to look down on me, I can say 'Huh, can *you* run a 5K and survive it?' LOL.
- Bad news now, I was involved in 3 car accidents in the last 16 months. Yup, three. It was beyond scary, especially the first time. It was an experience I don’t ever want to repeat again but I did…twice after that. Sometimes when I go to sleep, I can still remember how my tyres screeched and the collision that followed.
- I’m still working at the same place as last time and still looking for a better job. No luck thus far.
- I’m still into SS/HG and read the fanfics now and again (when time allows) but ever since I’m dating someone with the name initial, SS, my muse had left me and I can’t write a decent story to save myself. Sigh.
zyra, signing off… ;)